//Nemo's Adventure Log, Chapter 1//

Discussion in 'Diaries & Captain's Logs' started by Nemo, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Nemo

Nemo Leader of the Rat Crew Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

//User Nemo2 makes a post.//

"In these pages I will explain where I was, if anyone cares, and perhaps shed light on my suddenly deteriorating mental state. This log was taken while I traveled out of the Fringe, late last year. Perhaps posting this somewhere will get some weight off my chest, if anyone will actually believe my finds. These pages take about a day to spell check and then convert into text, so this will be a daily thing. I'd like to state that these events are entirely factual, and that my discoveries were indeed real. They may seem 'fantastical' to some, but, I guarantee the information in the following pages is one hundred percent true. Keep in mind, this is the first part of several, nothing much ever happens in the first chapter."

Chapter 1 - Of Ferrets and Men

First of September, the eighty-second year of the thirty third century. Roughly 5:56 pm.

"Today I set off. I left the Fringe, sister and ferret in hand. Ferrets are a curious thing. If anyone ever reads this, I apologize for vanishing so suddenly, but I grew tired of the Fringe after years of being there. Everything seems in order. There's some scratching in the vents, but that's about it. Hopefully we reach our first destination before tomorrow. Well, it'd be tomorrow for us, I don't know how many hours it'd be to other people. We have enough supplies to last us a while. Here's to a successful venture."

Third of September, 3282.

"We finally reached our destination. It took longer than I had predicted. The FTL thrusters malfunctioned and we had to get, uh, towed I guess. The scratching in the vents persists. If that scratching doesn't stop soon I may have to check it out. I assumed it was the ferret, Pitri, but I have her with me right now and I still hear the scratching. That noise is starting to wear on my nerves."

Fourth of September, 3282. 7:34 am.

"Something odd happened today. I was woken from a rather pleasant dream by a sudden hunger pain. I got up to get something to appease my stomach, groping my way to the kitchen through the inky dark. Upon entering my second hallway, however, I tripped of a peculiar object. In the middle of the floor, shrouded by the darkness, was a black rectangular prism of unknown origin. It looked like a trinket or souvenir my sister might be tricked into buying, but when interrogated she knew nothing about it. The shape had odd writing on it, something I haven't seen before. When I return home, I'll send it in to a historian for examination. When the object is brought near the ferret, she becomes quite mad and begins to act very odd. Hm. The scratching still persists.

//Chapter 1 ends here.//