Me want staff me want staff me want staff me want staff

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Yz2, Jan 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yz2

Yz2 Galactic Enforcer Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

Forum name: YongZhi

Country/Timezone: Singapore GMT + 8

Why do you want to be Staff?: I want to give back to the community in some way or another. I feel like I've stuck around long enough that I should start contributing and playing my part. I've been told that the team needs more graders, so I'm up for helping with all that. Also, I want that sweet orange nameplate. That's my endgame. That beautiful orange 'ex staff' and gold donator color combination on the forums. A majesty. An absolute beauty.

What skills can you bring to the staff team?: I'm active and online pretty much all the time, so I'll definitely have a constant presence to do staff work like enforcement. I'm also willing to sit down for lengths to grade things.

What area(s) would you be most interested in helping assist with (if you have more than one preference, list in order of highest preference to lowest)?": Grading, event planning and helping to draw more people onto the server, enforcement stuff.

Have you had prior experience moderating/staffing an online community?: Nope. Nothing big enough to count. Very minor things like owning discord servers or helping as a mod for some, but never anything large scale.

If so, where? What were your responsibilities?: NA

As staff, it is crucial to be visible to the public; on the Forums, through the Discord, and on the Server. Though it is not mandatory to be on these three all the time, do you agree to be as active as possible through these means?: I haven't been very active on the discord as of late, but I'm usually online on discord in general. I'll be sure to be active on all three.

For better interaction with our users on the Galaxy Citizen Discord server and to take full part in any voice meetings we may have in the Staff Discord, it is recommended that you use a good microphone. Do you possess a microphone (If you do not have a microphone, it will NOT affect your chances for being on Staff)?: Yes

What do you like about this community?: The people. I've gotten to know some of my best friends through GC. And the fact that, to me, it's the most enjoyable of all the starbound rp servers. And it's survived for four years at this point. I want to make sure I do my part to keep it alive.

What areas would you like to recieve help in should you become staff?
    I'd like to be coached on how grading stuff works, as well as how to help out with doing organization and stuff.

What are your weaknesses?
    My weaknesses are that I can, at times, be rude and abrasive. I'm well aware of it, as well as the less than ideal way I treat certain people. However, if I do get selected as staff, I'll make sure to keep any such grievances out of public discords, and maintain my conduct towards all community members.

Galaxy Citizen Character name(s): Karav, Kraz-Ving, EBS-7

Notanumber and Loo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.