Isonorian Dwarf Trees

Discussion in 'Approved' started by Pinkbat5, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Name: - Isonorian Dwarf Tree, alium parvum

Description: - Isonorian dwarves are small trees, ranging from the size of a bush to the height of your average young garden oak. They have long, bendy stalks that twist into oddly shaped trunks, eventually splitting off into branches. Isonorian dwarves have few leaves, only growing on the ends of their twisted trunks and in small bunches. Isonorian dwarves are a hyperspace species, and only a few strains are capable of living in low-cuil enviroments. Those that do lose their anomalous properties in these environments.

[​IMG]

Behavior: Isonorian dwarves, unlike realspace trees, are capable of simple thought and movement. They accomplish this through a firstborn-esque zero-point energy field located in their trunk, functioning much like a rudimentary "brain". This field is also capable of moving the various flexible branches of the tree.

Tamability: Isonorian Dwarf trees can be trained to react to certain stimuli in specific ways. They can be trained to lash at intruders or shape their trunks in specific ways. They aren't any more intelligent than a dog.

Where is it found?: Isonorian dwarves are native to Hyperspace, specifically the Isonor system. However, they're widespread in most areas occupied by the Aindivi empire, specifically Visitant-owned areas, due to their aesthetically pleasing appearance. It is especially popular among material-interested Visitant to train these trees to shape themselves into abstract sculptures, and many have built their entire artistic career on this form of expression.

Rarity: Common in Visitant-occupied territories. If a Visitant city has a district dedicated to physical reality, then there's sure to be at least one of these trees in there.

Diet/Method of gaining nutrients and energy: Isonorian dwarves do not depend on photosynthesis to function, but rather they gain energy directly from their anomalous zero-point energy fields much like a Firstborn. Seeing as this field is unable to sustain itself in realspace, Isonorian dwarves can't typically survive in low-cuil environments unless genetically modified to photosynthesize. 

Products?: The sap of an Isonorian dwarf has special properties, which I'll be covering in an tech app following this. Additionally, the wood of an Isonorian dwarf is flexible, light, yet strong- much stronger than most realspace wood. While Visitant care little for this material when they have their own flesh as a better alternative, Outsiders may have a use for the rare wood.

Reproduction: Isonorian dwarves reproduce much like their realspace counterparts, via budding. These buds develop ZPM fields much like their parent as they form.

Size: Bush-sized to as tall as a common oak.

Weight: Idk man, it's a tree. A little lighter than an oak of its size.

Lifespan: Immortal.

Abilities: 

-Flexible, strong, rare wood.

-Sap with unique properties.

-Somewhat intelligent, trainable.

-Pretty.

-Doesn't rely on photosynthesis when in hyperspace.

Flaws: 

-Most strains die in low cuil environments.

-Photosynthesis- dependant strains have more leaves than normal, ruining their tall, stringy look.

-Wood is rare.

-It's a tree.

Other: The tech app for its sap should be following shortly.

2. SilverGallium

SilverGallium No-Bark Noonan Impervium Donator

Huh. Reminds me of Xen Trees from Half-Life.

...I really like Half-Life.

3. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Hi @Pinkbat5
    Hi you stinky lizard.
    I believe I have only one question regarding the app. When it comes to tensile strength, how would this wood fare compared to steel?​
    ~ Pending ~​

4. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

Their wood's hardness isn't anything out of this world. It's around as strong as the real-life material snakewood, so around ~3,800 lbf. I dunno how strong that is compared to steel, but it's a real life material that can be used as a reference should the need ever arise.

5. Khaos

Khaos Purple Man Impervium Donator

Thank you, that is all that I believe I needed to know.
    With the powers residing within me, I bestow upon ye an approval.​