Honest thoughts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cheffy, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Cheffy

Cheffy La Creatura Bronze Donator

Hey! Some of you know me, but for those who don't. My name is Cheffy and I've been on GC for about... coming up on two years now. I've been wanting to make a post like this for awhile but have been putting it off because I've been worried that it's just going to become a meme thread or I'm going to get shit on, but I decided to finally stop beating around the bush and just do it.

So! I'd like some honest criticism about my writing and characters, opinions on my characters, and what you all think I could improve and work on personally. You're all lovely people and I hope that something good comes out of this so I can improve my general writing, characters and attitude.

2. Mir

Mir The Kentucky Fried Cyborg Impervium Donator

I mean... If I have one thing I'd advise you on, it's that you always talk about how you never have anything for Kojin to do, but whenever you do play as Kojin he's kinda just... blank, not really visibly reacting to anything. I get that's how you wrote the character and all, but maybe if he actually reacted to things you'd have more things to do with the character?

3. zecon125

zecon125 Lizzer Staff Member Moderator Bronze Donator

Okay for real this time- Just stop doing stuff like this. Then we're golden.

4. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

weeb
    neko

Yz2 and WowGain like this.
  5. Caucasian Asian

Caucasian Asian p̵̈́̾̀͂̈́́̆̆̋͐́́̀̇͗́̍͝ Ex-Staff Impervium Donator

cheffy? good rp.

i have no criticism.

Endiie likes this.
  6. SilverGallium

SilverGallium No-Bark Noonan Impervium Donator

Your characters used to have non-distinct styles of speaking based on how you typed their dialogue. But that's gone from what I can tell, so... nothing's wrong with you that I can think of. Moment-to-moment RP with you is always enjoyable regardless of the scenario or characters, and said characters are all well-written by my standards; they're all believable as people, interesting to observe, and are just distinct enough without veering into snowflake territory.

Tldr: What you're doing now? Keep doing it, 'cause it's working.

7. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Moderator Diamond Donator

your characters are fun and rp quality is good. Only flaw I can think of is your attitude, kind of.
    There are a lot of situations where you don't really know OOCly what you're talking about, and you'll say something totally incorrect with way too much authority and confidence. you gotta stop that! it's misleading to people who don't know better and rude to people that do.
    i remember the other day you tried to tell me a certain weapon was illegal on haven, when I play the high guardian and researched haven law the other day for a RP.... and when I posted a screenshot of the law in question, you ignored it... then cited the events of a RP that didn't happen.
    you're not an authority in every subject. it's okay to be unsure about things!

SilverGallium and Yz2 like this.
  8. Yz2

Yz2 Galactic Enforcer Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

Sexy musclegirl Neko but it’s ‘ironic’

TriReef and Nemo like this.
  9. Teldrassil

Teldrassil Galactic Officer

Personally I haven’t actually RPed much with you. The most is with Lorette and Blair’s fine.

The only other big occasion is the Undercrypt. Via - you already know the stuff I’m going to say but I have nothing else to say - she kinda was just “shoot gun woman look i have corru” which I totally get, I really like playing with fun toys in RP and yeah, sometimes to the slight detriment of the actual character (ahemmmmmm Lorette) but; the UC did it’s UC thing and Via got developed so there’s not really any issues going on there.

In short: remember to flesh out the fun toy characters as much as the others. The toys are more fun that way.

10. Nemo

Nemo Leader of the Rat Crew Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

this ^