//HAVEN TIMES - What is the Federal Government Hiding? Sinji Ekta creates 'Ekta Foundation'

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by PrivateNomad, Jul 20, 2020.

1. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Haven Times
    Message from the Editor
    Thank you for reading this edition of the Haven Times. We try to bring the most up to date, truthful news right to your screen. If you enjoy your content, please consider following @HavenTimes on Hooter. I hope you have a good day!
    - Ordicus Strigis 'OrdiOwl', Chief Editor

What is the Federal Government Hiding? (Written by Newell Parks)
    Hello friends. Normally, you will find me writing about conversation-related topics, my primary focus being the protection of various species found within the Potineta Swamp, one of Rendera's most diverse ecosystems. Today, I was on a regular trek through the swamp hoping to photograph some Beefish for an article on invasive species, but then I came across something strange deep within an overgrown depression.

Ruins, from a time far, far before us. There have been findings of similar ruins around Haven, constructed by a long-dead species known by archaeologists today as the "Ancients".

Okay, cool. I saw a boat nearby, but it was not marked with the logo of the Gaia University, which typically studies these things.

It was marked with the insignia of the Haven Army. I decided to take a look inside, and here's a video.
    Pretty suspicious, right? According to the Precursor Heritage Protection Treatise of 3285, which has been ratified by the Haven Federation, it is forbidden to claim any precursor site, and any who wish to explore or study it do so under supervision of the 'guardian' of the site. In this case, the Haven federal government. So if you have the credentials, I want you to hound the government for permission to enter; I want you to show us what they've been hiding from their people!

Sinji Ekta Creates 'Ekta Foundation' (Written by Aimi Hashito)
    After a short period of silence from Sinji Ekta, we have heard that he has suddenly decided to start a charity and humanitarian organization named the "Ekta Foundation". Ekta has declined comment beyond stating that the organization will work to help solve humanitarian issues within the Fringe and funding research on various "matters" important to "sapient life as a whole".

Masina Ho'okoe Sentenced; Magic in the Courtroom? (Written by Maxili Romil)
    Former Protector Masina Ho'okoe was recently sentenced to a short stay in a psychiatric hospital following a charge of voluntary manslaughter, deemed to have killed her former abuser under great mental duress. Many are discussing a sudden accusation Prosecutor Hieronymus von Brodeur brought up during the trial, that Ho'okoe was performing 'magic' on the Jury using 'psychic abilities'. Brodeur has declined to comment. Many are enraged at the blatant accusations, calling for Brodeur to be disbarred for outlandish accusations and conduct during trial. Ho'okoe commented that "she wholly [rejects] all of the unfounded accusations made by Mr. Brodeur and his team."

Some, however, believe in the accusations.
    "Dude, psychic powers exist.. just look at the Archons. Its scientifically proven they can transmit messages to your mind, and I know a couple of people that can do similar things," said one person. Discussions of Ho'okoe and the accusations have been frequently discussed on an online imageboard called the 'cabal', where members commonly discuss 'paranormal' topics such as psychic abilities, ghosts, and more.

Other Headlines:

• Haven Senate beginning joint senatorial oversight investigation into "Little Adroma" slums in New Corrav.
    • Haven preparing for Zephyr Cloud Festival