Haven Dev Log 1: YOUR ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PrivateNomad, Feb 13, 2019.

1. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

[​IMG]
    (Above: Senator David Ward terrorizing Senator Martinez Roy Jackson, by @Pinkbat5 )
    Decided to start doing this for any major updates to the hub / faction.
    Rendera is nearing completion, @WowGain and I have been working vewy vewy hard on it uwu. It'll open with a major three-day Italian Carnevale event (cause italian hub), and will hopefully begin at around the end of the month. Along with Rendera are some major updates to Garlen, a mini swamp hub for Haven, and some new stuff for the Derelict plotline :] Overall I think i'd say the hub is like 85%-90% complete.

Next, we have some fresh blood in the Senate. Welcome @Dekerrex and @Roren .

With the Senate now larger and the citizen base for Haven getting a bit bigger, @WowGain and I decided to do a MAJOR overhaul (basically a replacement at this point) for the "State of the Federation" system that basically determined details of Haven such as its population, population percentages, etc. We decided to overhaul it to make Haven's NPC population and lore feel more dynamic and alive, and to make the population more reactive to events and to things the Senate does. We rewrote it with the intention that it will make RPing a Senator be more fun and active, and that it will make Haven feel much, much more alive as a hub.

-> STATE OF THE FEDERATION <-

It basically adds differing views and politics for each district, and how they perceive each Senator and foreign faction. We also plan to hold standard elections again, every 4 months or something. In the future we're going to change the system again to take NPC votes into account, depending on how they perceive each Senator, but players will still make up a majority of the vote (like 70%-80%). Basically what will happen is news posts will become a much more common thing and will have tidbits that tell what the haven population cares about.

Also happy to announce that the Derelict plotline has been started. Good luck with the Ruin.

Nomad out

2. Roren

Roren Galactic Citizen

hey wait a minute

thats me