Good Character Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zecon125, Apr 20, 2020.

1. zecon125

zecon125 Lizzer Staff Member Moderator Bronze Donator

Title says it all boys! Thread made to appreciate good characters in GC. Don't talk about your own unless you're a cuck. Let's go.

John Doe. Great character, unique backstory, and an odd world view. John is inking with personality in his own way with almost every interaction I've seen from them. When you combine this with his actual personality being an absolute mad man and a /cannibal/ as well as the closest GC will actually get to Hannibal Lector, it makes for a true miracle.

David Ward. Speak of creepy deranged characters, Dave! As much as it is a big GC meme to love Dave to death, he is one of the most interesting people in the Fringe, genuinely. His odd and complex backstory and reasoning for why he is crazy make sense when you realize them, and the twist of his origin shocked me down to my core the first time I made it all click.

Endiie, Khan333, TriReef and 5 others like this.
  2. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

syed al-quresh

babobeebo likes this.
  3. schizothotep

schizothotep Ozymandias's very own Diamond Donator

4. Yz2

Yz2 Galactic Enforcer Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

i love rose avalice flower of the fring

TriReef likes this.
  5. schizothotep

flower of the cring

6. TrIpTiCuS

TrIpTiCuS Galactic Enforcer

cassiusbold

WowGain and Yz2 like this.
  7. schizothotep

unga bunga!!!!

TriReef likes this.
  8. babobeebo

babobeebo call me nick!! (thats me name!!!) Ex-Staff Gold Donator

im very cool funny and awesome too also im popular and funny and i have a lot of friends (im smart too)

WowGain, TriReef and Nemo like this.
  9. Cheffy

Cheffy La Creatura Bronze Donator

Lesslyn!

Now I know I'm not the bests at explanations or writing, but I think Lesslyn is a fantastic character for many reasons. Some of which being the following. She's smart, holds her own cards close to her chest, and seems to have a finger in every pie in the Fringe. Albeit, I don't know her motives, but I enjoy seeing the kind of interactions Lesslyn has with other characters in the setting. And, I'm always wondering, what plan will she put into action in the future? The shadow senate was the first, but what comes next?

10. Mir

Mir The Kentucky Fried Cyborg Impervium Donator

As far as interesting character go, I think that CE, or CircleEye, is a rather interesting one. As the head of the haven police force, you'd expect them to be the sort of character that would go help anyone, but they've always got their own reasons behind doing things. They play the role of the observer a lot of the time, always trying to get more knowledge for... something. And their flat, over-rational way of thinking contrasts greatly with how emotional the majority of the fringe is, which has led to some really interesting character interactions between themself and others.

SilverGallium, zecon125 and Pinkbat5 like this.
  11. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 pocl v3.6.7 Staff Member Administrator Diamond Donator

I like a lot of characters, too many to list, but here’s a few

• Giorno. Some characters have really strong aesthetics, others have really enjoyable personalities, Giorno has both and they go really well together. I fucking love his tacky touristcore vacation aesthetic and it clashes with who he is as a person- a human punching bag that literally cannot die because the universe won’t let him- so well. Fucking genius. Looney toons level shit. Love it
    • I love John Doe also. Zecon listed the reasons why pretty well but he’s really fun to debate with with literally any character
    • Xexanoth. Feels very strongly like a real person, with realistic ambitions, motivations and flaws. Intelligent IC in a way that can only be accomplished with intelligence OOC.
    • winston
    • Brasit. I like a lot of zecon characters but there is something deeply entertaining and hilarious about an evil Vampyr mind-controlling gravelord that has wifi and will just hang out with you if you ask.

12. PrivateNomad

PrivateNomad There goes my hero, watch him as he goes Staff Member Technician Gold Donator Event Builder

• Judith Carter - Very cool appearance and vibe about her - a woman that hides her mysterious nature and past very well, making you wonder what truly came before. A therapist that brings color into the lives of many, while being without any color of her own.
    • Lesslyn - Machiavellian woman done very, very well
    • Brutal Star - the fucking star of justice baby
    • Giorno - A poor man that can't take enough of life's punches. Has it worst out of any other character (sorry magician)
    • Caesar (Wowgains) - What was originally my own character has been transformed by Wowgain into someone truly interesting. Every interaction with Caesar is interesting.

13. schizothotep

in all honesty i like diana
    pulling off a mad fucking scientist is really hard and cabbage somehow managed that
    also giorno is a blessing upon this hell-world

14. majo

majo Magical Girl Ex-Staff

ok ok ok time to suck some dick bc i love my friends

Evelyn ( @Nemo )- I love my dumb baby drunk Welsh woman with a chip on her shoulder (hahaha get it) i love her small little smooth brain play her more you baby!!

Sinji ( @PrivateNomad )- I really really like getting to learn the deeper reasons for him being such a water brain and I have fun interacting with sinji honestly all of ur characters are good i love rping with u

Dane ( @D&K ) - my favorite serial killer i love him i love him i love him

Testament ( @Skid ) - agent of chaos and surprisingly caring in weird ways he always gives me a laugh

Frosthand ( @Caucasian Asian )- haha frothand am i right he infuriates me in the best ways i give him a kiss *kiss*

Yaretzi ( @Endiie )- I really want to learn more about her shes really neat and i like her and i wanna interact with her more

All of wogs characters are good i just like all of them love you babe <3

oh god i feel like you can tel l im a little fucked up while writing this i hope this is okay i love you all <3

D&K, PrivateNomad, Yz2 and 4 others like this.
  15. Skid

Skid God Incarnate Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

EBS-7 ( @Yz2 ) - Out of all the members of the Haven Guard, past or current, EBS-7 was the best. Both competent and compelling, there's no competition. Please bring them back from isekai hell I love them.

Brutal Star ( @Nemo ) - God I looove chunibyo characters. Despite how she may appear, Brutal is actually a pretty realistic character. She's capable treating situations with the seriousness they deserve and has a morality beyond "bad guy bad."

Belle ( @9K ) - I'm not sure how much I should say regarding Belle since I think some of the things that have happened with her are secret(?), but they're great. Realistic and down to earth. One of her comments from a few days back about staying out of the Occasus conflict made me realize how the Garlen plot-line has made her develop.

Masina ( @majo ) - It's not everyday you see someone intentionally throw bad things at their characters on GC, let alone at the rate you do with Masina. You're not afraid to throw her into the meat grinder, which is a good thing. Not to mention I only recently learned the details of her backstory and I love it.

Delari ( @PrivateNomad ) - I admittedly do not know much about them but what little I've seen makes them seem like a very interesting character.

maybe ill add more later idk

16. Teldrassil

Teldrassil Galactic Officer

Possibly biased because fren, but Robin is a pretty good character imo. Clear motives with a very active stance. Her friendly demeanor - while not a mask - belies something a lot darker, her great thirst for knowledge and the drastic actions she will take to gain it.

The way that Quaz plays up the shifter aspect is also well done. Robin resents that part of herself and seeks a cure for it, yet it has proven useful to her numerous times - sometimes integral to her survival. Perhaps she would not have been down such roads if she were a shifter, perhaps she would’ve regardless and would’ve lost her life. She even claims that she is a better person because of her death before transformation. It’s certainly an interesting dilemma.

And I may be reading this wrong, bit there’s a part of her that just wants a normal life running a company and then there’s a part of her that lusts after danger and adventure.

All in all, a nicely designed character that suffers from believable and well-written inner turmoil.

17. zirconzz

zirconzz da guy Staff Member Community Monitor Gold Donator

wimston

Teldrassil, Pinkbat5 and WowGain like this.