Galaxy Citizen expanding?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by stfenix, Jul 30, 2018.

1. stfenix

stfenix мы обединяемся! Diamond Donator

Is this typical for this time of year, or are we just generally expanding?

The numbers on at night are looking impressive, and the forums seem more active than they've been in sometime.

Khaos likes this.
  2. Raymond T. W.

Raymond T. W. Electric Purple Egghead

I have heard from Loo that the community was growing, so, indeed it's true.

Lloyd, Khaos and stfenix like this.
  3. Ninin

Ninin New Arrival

It tends to be more active during the summer, but even this is a improvement.

Khaos likes this.
  4. stfenix

I mean it makes sense, being that more people are out of school, Makes me sad we have us another month until the US is largely back in school, I wonder how much of a difference it'll make.

Khaos likes this.
  5. inactive account

inactive account Inactive Account Ex-Staff Impervium Donator

It’s generally pretty active in the summer, but I’ve noticed it’s overall improved pretty significantly. Community is definitely growing.

Khaos likes this.
  6. stfenix

The fact we can manage that this many years after Starbound came out, and has begun to fade, is impressive.

7. Drakkar

Drakkar Space Pirate & Beastmaster Ex-Staff

Even a year ago, GC was still getting an influx of new players - many of which were new to the Starbound RP scene, or RP altogether. Unfortunately, some aspects of the community at the time and the overall questionable quality of it as a result of some of the most prominent users meant the community's user retention was less than stellar. People would leave as they would come so no true growth would take place. Those issues have been taken care of, however, so now the community offers an actually friendly environment that the staff team is able to better moderate and maintain. This is, of course, just my opinion based on what I've seen and discussed with other staff after I returned from my retirement.

8. stfenix

I've been noticing a commonality in the tale about the previous year, and I would say that without that change, I could see myself not staying either, the change is a good one. I do hope that we will keep a good retention rate, it's cool seeing this many people into this.

I mean toxic members, and poor leadership is why I left the last server I was on.

And perhaps getting older forum members back into it as well.

Drakkar likes this.