//Calypso News: 8_16_3288//

Discussion in 'Nexus Net' started by Ryanatorx, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Ryanatorx

Ryanatorx Galactic Officer Community Monitor Gold Donator

calypso logo smaller.png
    //A broadcast comes from a local- but public- news source from Calypso!//

People of Calypso Respond to Boycott!
    Calypso News has sought out the responses from various groups on-station to the recently announced Haven First general boycott of Atlas, and specifically Calypso, goods!

Michelle Broader, a senior staffer in logistical operations, spoke on behalf of the Orange Scarves :

"We stand with our brothers and sisters in Haven in their efforts to increase and guarantee the freedoms of the Atlesian people. The formation of such a document of basic rights guaranteed to all people in Atlas space would be a step in the right direction for our nation. We implore the leadership to listen to what they have to say- we always have room to improve and grow."

Jeremy Cordern spoke on behalf of the United Workers of Calypso, a band of unions :

"The necessity of human rights and the rights of all people and workers is something that the UWC will always stand for and support. Boycotts and strikes are tools that the people can use to achieve these goals without violence, and to use them to achieve human rights goals is a fundemental good. However, we fear that these actions will disproportionately affect the workers of Calypso- people who we don't trust Haven First cares about. They're nationalists, and when nationalists suddenly become interested in your nation, it's their imperial gaze you're seeing."

The latter end of this sentiment was echoed by a member of the Civillian Enforcement Militia and Atlas Fundamentalists, who requested to remain anonymous :

"Why are these [explitive] Havenites suddenly interested in our internal affairs? They should mind their own business. We don't trust you, and you said yourself all you want is our military aid. Maybe we shouldn't be giving you that at all- you [explitive] Ruin-lovers deserve to get torn apart by it. Go [explitive] more Occasus [explitive.]"

Jonny Meede, politically unaffiliated, had this to say:

"I'm just scared. I hope I don't lose my job."

The Viceroyalty declined to comment.

[Other News] :
    Rendera Travel Advisory Issued
    The FEV Vaccine: When will it be ready?
    Chancellor Abroad on Diplomatic Mission
    A Basic Guide to your Forlorn Friends

[Would you like to know more?]

//There is a comment section below//

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021