A romp through the UC: Lost pages

Discussion in 'Diaries & Captain's Logs' started by Quazwerty456, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Quazwerty456

Quazwerty456 Galactic Commoner

On some slightly crumpled pages of paper, there would be a small mountain of journal entries all written with pretty decent handwriting. Most of it is completely legible though on one of the pages there is signs of water damage

The first entry begins as such “Hello whoever is reading this. If your name isn’t Piper Williams then stop otherwise you’ll be on the business end of my rifle or not if you’re sneaky about it. This here is a log of my trip to this Under Crypt place, working for some guy named Kane that’s promised us loot in return for helping with some matter down there. My traveling party seems mostly competent, I’ve met a few of note that seem interesting and worth adding to my list of companions but it’s too soon to say for sure.”

“Most notably there’s this woman, Lorette. We met before and she was pretty open it now but it appears she can control objects with her mind as well as patch up people with her powers to a certain extent. Another notable one is Lyssa, a nova kid. She seems like a fish out of water on this mission but only time will tell if she emerges like a beautiful murderous butterfly or drops out the moment the chance arises. Lastly there’s another woman, dressed like a nun and seems to have an air of madness about her. Something tells me there’s a lot more going on there then she lets on but I doubt I’ll find out what on this journey.”

“After a pretty un eventful night we gathered all of our things and departed on some reinforced military trucks. It didn’t take long for us to get under fire in the Purgatorian
    war zone and a few others and myself had to help shoot down some planes that were pestering us along our route. Thankfully nobody died on this leg of the journey though what came next was certainly alarming. When we finally reached the shore and were ushered aboard some boats, it became abundantly clear to me that we were circumventing the Ferry Man. I hardly minded since it meant I got to hold onto all my gear but unfortunately this route was also very dangerous. We were quickly beset upon by storms and even a Kraken though thankfully Kane had thought ahead. We lost several decoy vessels but we made it to a small island.”

“I quickly began to familiarize myself with my traveling companions, Lyssa and Lorette. Siilvae, the nun I mentioned earlier seemed off put by all of our presences so I decided it would be best to give her space. I took the night to relax and learn more about my companions, one of which is on her way to becoming a Vampyr. Lorette explained it to me and the prospect of such a thing seems promising albeit getting the person she received it from to gift me with such a thing seems shoddy at best. Perhaps if I use my infinite pool of patience and some loot I acquire from here, I can receive such a useful gift as well. That is a goal for the future though as I doubt it will come swiftly.”

“Either way I suppose that’s all to report for now, we’ll depart sometime this coming morning so I’d best get my sleep.” The first page ends there and is slightly stained with water damage.

The next page picks back up pretty quickly with the same hand writing as before on much less water damaged page “It’s Piper again but really who else would it be. We set off from the island pretty early the next morning so I’m thankful I got my sleep. Siilvae was still being oddly distant so I think its best I limit my attempts at socialization with her. I am curious as to her nature but it is not worth poking whatever manner of madness lies underneath that mask. We traveled by ship a bit more, passing by some ruined fortress of some kind. Kane seemed to history with the group that once inhabited it but was not keen on saying what that history was. It didn’t take long until we reached the drop the captain of the vessel had told us about. We had to scurry about like rats securing things in place as to not alert whatever creatures lurked in those tunnels. The fall was a mix of terror and adrenaline as we plummeted down the current. Something ended up coming lose and we heard some kind of mournful cry that must have emanated from something huge. I couldn’t see but I am glad that I couldn’t.”

“We landed abruptly in a crystal clear lake, hardly having time to adjust my eyes before we were moving swiftly onto some smaller vessels and made it ashore despite the playful water elementals best attempts at causing mischief. We started to make our way to Brightsborough, eventually coming across a split path and needing to send some scouts ahead. Both groups were attacked by my first taste of the UC proper, skeletons. They fell quickly to our combined fire power however, no one sustaining any real damage. What happened after that fight was odd. I felt this over powering sense of grief and regret, something that has been very much alien to me. Did I regret having to kill those skeletons? Was I angry that I’ve become so seemingly permanently jaded to the death I bring where ever I go? I don’t truly know. Thankfully the feeling faded before too long, whatever surge of emotions that possessed me leaving me be. Not long after we arrived at the outskirts of Brightsborough.”

“Shortly after arriving and getting some supplies with Lorette, Lydia, Via, and Lyssa, we made our way to a library off sorts. I found it to be rather odd, run by this ancient grey who looked like he’d keel over any minute. Kane found the information he was after and myself along with several other members of the party found literature that should help us traverse these strange lands. Before we could leave the town however, some official, I think the mayor, told us that there were storms of Black blight coming so we’d be safer remaining in town for the night. Seeing how we didn’t want out flesh melted and eaten off our bones, we opted to follow that guidance. We made our way to the local tavern and got ourselves some drinks and food, as well as rooms for the night. Lorette, Lyssa and I formed an impromptu group we decided to call ‘The Fuckwit Tomb Raiders’. If this job turns out to be lucrative then I could see us taking many more trips under that banner.”

“I ended up retiring for the night soon after that, and a few of my traveling companions took care of a rat problem for the tavern keeper. All in all today was a lot less crazy but I learned more of Vampyrs and what might await me if end up following through with my plans so it was not wasted.” And the second page ends there, the paper a little crumpled where one might’ve been holding it.

It moves swiftly onto the next page, this entry a bit more blunt than the others “Welcome back me. Today’s journey was a lot more eventful however I quickly tire of one of my party members. An Analoa named Masina seems to take issue with every little thing and she feels the need to bitch about it every five meters. She’s been getting into constant arguments with Kane about one thing or another and I swear she’s going to make me shoot someone. Anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself.”

“The morning of our departure from Brightsborough was fairly standard. I met up with Lyssa and Lorette with Siilvae once more nowhere in sight. We left town quickly and the first hour or so of travel was uneventful until we came across some riders. I folded out my plasma arm and one of the people I was traveling with had some snarky shit to say about my being prepared. I opted not to jam hot plasma down their neck and kill them then and there, much to my dismay. The riders quickly revealed themselves to be hostile and we got to killing before that could alert their master, a Lord Brasit. One of the reapers was quick to deliver quite the painful blow to me and I made sure to retaliate in kind. Unfortunately it ran off before could eviscerate it and was cut down by another of my traveling companions. The small one seems dangerous, quick to get out of sight when we encounter danger. Should it come to arms with him, I would be hard pressed to finish him unless in one swift and deadly blow.”

“I had to take a moment after the abominations we fought died as I could feel myself slipping up my friendly face. Thankfully no one seemed to notice or at least no one who has made it known. After everything was dead, the party quickly began to rag on Kane for omitting details on the highly sensitive mission. Bunch of dumb asses, is this their first gig or something? Masina of course was right there at the lead with their dumb little friend quick to hop on complaining about everything. Anyhow, he told us more about the optional second leg of the mission and of course I accepted. With the party finally satisfied we kept on moving and shortly after met a group of winged knights. They were led by a subhuman woman named Seraph Annual. After we confirmed that neither party meant the other harm, her and Kane got to talking. She asked that we check on her daughter in a place called Heaven’s Maw, seemingly where she’s based out of down here. She gave Kane a ring that would allow us entry and left with her knights shortly afterwards.”

“Finally after one more trek through a dark tunnel, we arrived in Erebus and set up camp. Lyssa came to me in confidence and told me that she had doubts about her ability to perform on this mission. I did my best to assure her partially because I’d rather not have my companions under performing and also because she’s much more competent than she gives herself credit for. Not long after that Masina got into another screaming match with Kane, likely about something really fucking stupid. She annoys me to no end but I will refrain from saying or doing anything as to keep the party from turning on me or falling apart.” And thus ends page three, unceremoniously ending on a bit of a low note.

ThatCabbage, Yz2, zirconzz and 2 others like this.
  2. Yz2

Yz2 Galactic Commoner Ex-Staff Gold Donator

the next page says 'cuil bo y was here'

3. Quazwerty456

The next page of the journal begins with the above mentioned phrase and rather than it being erased there is a small segment regarding it "Hello again readers and by readers I mean me and I guess now Cuil boy. Normally upon seeing that someone else had read my journal I'd have killed them but I'll make an exception for him. Not sure why, maybe it's his charming demeanor." There's a little space then it resumes

"So, after that brief rest, my traveling companions and I set out once more through an odd mushroom forest. Thankfully there were no spores or beasts in this forest and we passed through with relative ease. The tension came when we started approaching the keep that Kane had set his sights on. We had to scale quite the incline to reach the top and the entire time I had the feeling as if someone was watching us. The powers that be put on quite the display for us as we entered their keep with a draw bridge and even torches that lit themselves as we walked past. The interior of the keep was rather impressive and it almost seemed designed to leech the light that was present."

"We were greeted by a group that Kane said was headed by a man known as Tyr or 'Hammer'. After some nicities between our group and theres it became clear that the journey wasn't going to be over as quickly as Kane was hoping. They proposed a joint operation to Hell's Deep, supposed where we could all get what we wanted. The promise of the most hidden knowledge and the most valuable artifacts was obviously an offer I couldn't turn down. While we still didn't trust the other groups intentions, they seemed to be amicable enough that ther rest of the party agreed to a joint operation. One of the the other group, a woman named Heiura offered us all up good luck charms of bone and she seems friendly enough. I'll reserve my judgments of them until they've given me more to work with."

"Finally we began our trip, now with our parties combined and made our way back down from the peak and through the mushroom forest. It was here where Siilvae seemed to finally open up some as I rode along on her mechanical mount with her. Her, Lyssa and I had a nice chat as we traveled back down through the tunnels that had led us there in the first place, talked of perhaps all taking a visit to Canada for a vacation at some point when this is all over. It was refreshing to be amongst those who weren't complaining about one thing or another constantly." The fourth page ends there and much like the other pages are a bit crumpled from someone accidentally gripping the pages too hard

"When we reached Boreas, I was stunned by it's beauty. We were suddenly transported to a mountainous snow covered landscape and Siilvae quickly began to pelt cuil boy with snow balls. It was a refreshing display of innocence, watching her and Lyssa laugh and play in the snow. Unfortunately the moment didn't last long however as we had to keep moving. Along the way Siilvae mentioned she might be in need of some help but we got cut off before we could finish that conversation. Seemingly out of nowhere, an avalanche of snow and rock came down and split the party and I nearly fell of the side of the mountain path. Thankfully I didn't and when I turned to see what had done it, I was surprised to see what looked like a yeti. It assaulted our joint group with all manner of projectiles and unfortunately my aim was a bit off from the battering I had taken earlier. Thankfully with all of our firepower and a surprising display of accuracy from cuil boy, we dropped the beast and continued on our path."

"Finally after a bit more traveling we reach The Anvil, a establishment that had been built from the ground up by Tyr. We settled in for a night of drinking and story telling and Siilvae surprised me yet again. She told the story of her life from start to present and I must say, she's lived one hell of a life. I opted not to share my story after, knowing it wouldn't be nearly as grand and much more depressing. We turned in for the night long after that but because of a storm we ended up needing to stay an extra day at the Anvil. I had some chats with Lyssa, Lydia, and Lorette as well as an odd knight with antlers for a while before Siilvae or Diana as I plan on calling her now came back down."

"I decided to ask her about that help she had inquired about before we were attacked the day prior and turns out she was looking for some help. I offered up my services and learned that if it goes well enough, I might even be granted the gift of immortality from her so I may help her realize her grand dreams. While I'm not normally one to get so swept up with such things, seeing people with such grand ideas fall flat on their face so many times, my gut is telling me that if I keep her alive that she might actually achieve those goals. So for now we've started a by contract basis and if it goes well, I may lose my humanity but I'd be able to live for eternity. Personally I'd say that's a fair trade and it's not like I have many goals of my own right now anyway so might as well get a shot at eternal life with my new friend rather than die in some ditch with no purpose."

"Anyway, I went on a little but of a tangent there but I suspect the storm will clear soon enough. I'll be sticking close to Diana or at least close enough to make sure she doesn't get killed now that she's under my protection but the journey is still essentially the same. Here's to making money and maybe living forever, unless I get murdered in which case I guess Immortality doesn't save me." And so ends the fifth page, this one remarkably dry and crinkle free compared to the other ones

4. Quazwerty456

The next sixth begins, the familiar handwriting of Piper greeting the reader "Hey hey, I'm back and have a lot to tell. It was a big day though I won't spoil the surprise as to why just yet so hold onto your seat. Today started pretty plainly, we all gathered and prepared to leave the anvil when this horned glitch came in and was loitering around in the inn. Turns out his name is Casius and boy was Kane fucking pissed to see him.Apparently they're both ex senators and Cassius left without a trace mid term. They had this whole heated argument about politics in Haven which honestly I couldn't have given any less of a shit about and we left pretty uneventfully after that."

"It didn't take long for us to reach a sort of tundra, a wide open icy field. I'd been chatting with Diana and Lyssa for a while when we noticed something was up. it wasn't long before we were set up by more beasts, another giant and some more phase matter beings in the from of skulls and some kind of floating ice serpents? Either way we made pretty quick work of them with all of our fire power combined with Lydia landing one hell of a strike on the ice giant. She nearly cleaved the thing in two, really we're lucky to have traveling with us. After the fight we kept on moving until we came across an abandoned camp. After a short inspection, we found it to be empty minus one thing, a blight bomb."

"For the next while or so, Diana, Lyssa, and I hung out well away from camp. Obviously I had no clue if it was armed but if it was I wanted to make sure that I wasn't getting my flesh melted off in a cloud of angry nanobots. Finally once we got confirmation that the bomb wasn't armed, we came back into camp and learned that it was the Hoarking's bomb and he was intending to use to destroy a nearby shifter hive. We decided that since it was on our way and if such a thing were to spread it would be a danger to everyone down here, we would bring the bomb and use it our self. I turned in pretty early after that, it had been a long day of travels and I had to get my beauty sleep."

The seventh page begins and this one is pretty crumpled and the hand writing on it is a lot less neat "Fuck today, fuck it to hell. The second I get out of this Crypt, the bodies will drop and they will know fear. I'm sure you're confused as to what any of this means so let me explain. I was having my chat with Lorette where we talk about ourselves, what we've done, really getting to know one another. I told her about what I went through after I got kidnapped, the six years of hell before I was saved and I was recounting how the augments the mercenaries gave me after they saved me felt so natural and I used them with ease. She patched up some of my scars as well and when Diana came by I got kind of curious about my skills for my weapons. I asked her about if people are usually as good as I was with my tail and arms upon getting them and she said no, mastery usually takes some time."

"I was pretty confused about it but then she suggested something when I told her about my past, something that I'd never even considered. She suggested that my memories, my past, they were a lie. That my parents, my home, my life before the pirates never happened. At first I brushed this off, that was too wild, too crazy a theory but she kept on going, explaining just how easy it would have been for them to put those memories in my head, wipe it clean of all but the muscle memory for my weapons. The more she talked, the more it sunk in just how spotty my memory of my past really was, I couldn't remember my home town's name, my parents faces, the names of my friends I'd grown up with. I was never the real Piper." The hand writing gets messier again and there are some spots where it appears tears may have dripped onto the page "Those fuckers left me to get abused and used by strangers for six years. They acted like heroes when they came, gave me gear and let me get my first kill on the man who'd been behind my 'kidnapping'. They used me like a loyal soldier, blinded by loyalty to the people who'd rescued me from my captors. I lived their lie for twenty six years."

"I had to excuse myself from camp and I ended up denting the shit out of hands after I lost my cool and pucnhed the shit out of some boulder nearby the edge of camp. Lydia was drawn over to my noise and offered me some comfort, a neat little thing she called a spell matrix. Said that I should use it to help me get my revenge and while it was a small gesture, in that moment it really helped me get some semblance of calm again. When I could finally save some face I went back to camp with a new goal in mind, I would live through the UC and hunt down all those who used me, who lied to me. The streets will run red with their blood. My only dear is my age, I'm already turning forty next month and my body won't last long enough for me to do as I need to do. I've decided to throw my lot in with Diana, become a Vampyr like her and help her achieve her grand dreams so that I may be granted immortality, have all the time in the universe to find those who wronged me."

"Anyway, after that rough start we finally moved out and were following signs of battle between the Hoarking's men and some shifters although we began to notice something. These shifters were civilians, people in plain clothes forced to fight for their lives against the Hoarking's men. This put a damper on the 'let's go blow up the hive' thing and we kept going forward until we stumbled upon as small city tucked away inside the walls of boreas itself. There was an odd mix of cultures and we quickly made our way to the leader of the city, a man who went by Mutafayil ibn-Nour al-Nyfylim. He's the leader of their city and when told about the dead shifter civilians outside it was clear they had been missing for sometime. He offered us shelter in his city and we accepted, staying at the local inn. It was a quaint little place and in our time there we learned there was another proper vile shifter hive some days journey away that we could use the bomb on. Unfortunately this hive was also hundreds of feet up on a cliff wall and we didn't have the equipment to even begin such an operation."

"In the end we decided that we'd let Tyr bring forth 'evidence' that the hive here was destroyed and that the Hoarking need only destroy the other hive to rid himself of the Shifters. Lyssa, Alf, Via I also had a chat with Lydia the morning before we left. She was being drawn in by this places violence, by the adventure and the promise of loot. We three managed to convince her that while this place is certainly interesting, she has much more grand potential outside of these cave walls. I am glad we manged as Lydia is a very interesting character and has been a wonderful traveling companion. I am glad that I will still be able to get to know her more once this is all over."

"Anyway enough of that mushy shit, we're moving out soon so I need to wrap this up for now. Cuil boy I know you're still reading these so you'd best keep your mouth shut on all of this." And so the page ends rather abruptly, her handwriting a lot more neat that it was earlier on the page

ThatCabbage, Teldrassil and Yz2 like this.
  5. Quazwerty456

Page eight begins, all pages moving forward looking like they were dried after being completely soaked through “So the journey continued to get more and more complicated as you’ll see, honestly a lot has happened and I’m a few days behind so sorry if some of this information is less than 100% accurate Cuil boy.”

“After leaving town, we quickly found our self on a frozen plane with spears of ice jutting up everywhere. There were faces in the ice watching us and for pretty much the entire time I felt on edge. We were nearing the end when a giant of frost unlike anything I’d seen so far down here immerged. Rather than kill us all like I thought it might, it asked us to give it tribute in exchange for passage but it had to be of value to us, something close. Heuira was the one to step up for that, offering it a picture of hers, sometime in her past before now. The giant accepted this and gave her some kind of odd icy droplet in exchange before letting us pass.”

“When we finally made it to the outskirts of the Hoarkings fortress, we left it to Tyr and his allies to handle fooling him into finishing the job for us while the rest of us hid in a nearby cave. It was here where things got a bit rocky. For one, Cassius showed back up and he and Kane nearly went at it again. I also let my anger get the better of me again, got to talking about my plans of revenge and I really made Lyssa upset. She bolted off into the snow and Noriko went after her and I had another episode of overwhelming emotions. This time however I noticed through the haze of emotions that Lorette talked to Masina a certain way, like she was trying to help her get something under control. While she had mentioned other psions in our party that was a footnote until eventually Noriko and Lyssa came back. Lyssa had almost been killed by some beast and Noriko fairly wounded as well. I could bear the shame, I had caused my friend to nearly die all because I let my anger get the better of me.”

“I retreated into the cart and as I was in my depths I heard Masina’s voice in my head, she told me to ‘burn this feeling into my mind, that this was what happens when I act that way’. At some point, Cassius had a talk with Diana, reached her in a way I could never hope to and she stormed out of the cave. He wouldn’t let me go talk to her so I waited and finally he relented. I knew nothing I could say to her would make her feel okay so I simply offered her my scarf lest she freeze to death in the snow. I went back in and had a talk with Masina in the meantime and she revealed to me that she was a psion, a fairly new one based on how loose her control of her abilities she had. I promised not to tell anyone, told her I was sorry for the way I’d been to her on the journey up to this point.”

“Finally I tried to apologize to Lyssa, set things right with us, it went about as well as expected, maybe she’ll talk to me again but it’s doubtable. A merchant showed up before we left as well and I purchased an odd rifle hoping that the ridiculous cost would be worth it in the end.”

Page nine follows, again looking as though it had to be dried out before being written on “Finally It came time to leave that hellish cave, where my friendship with Lyssa had dissolved and I was completely incapable of providing Diana with any sort of support. The bait was taken by the Hoarking and the hostile hive will likely be dealt with soon so at the very least there’s that. We neared the end of Boreas and met some snow golems, literal snowmen that seemed intent on following us until we reached the warm breezed tunnel that led down to Tartarus. The journey was much more grueling then the rest as without Lyssa or Lorette to talk to and having been so useless to Diana, my spirits were in the shitter. I quickly realized just how hot Tartarus was when it got so hot that I was willing to let me scarred body be seen by all rather than wear my armor for the first leg of our journey down there.”

“The landscape was barren and volcanic, ash raining from the sky intermittently. It didn’t take too long for us the reach the Ashen Keep, a fortress run by a former devotee to Kane. He allowed us to remain there for the night after we helped him fend off a siege of daemons that decided to try and take the place for themselves. Both Lyssa and Lorette got hurt in the process of fending off this siege but thankfully their injuries were minor whereas mine were pretty much nonexistent, only having been blast by a little buy a little bit of the wall. All seemed to be turning a slightly better leaf for the party after the siege was broken before that was interrupted by screams, gunfire. I rushed over and saw the tail end of what happened. It was explained to me as something having gone wrong with an ornate skull that Kane had purchased from the merchant by the caves. It summoned so horrible demon that they were just only able to chase off as it offered false promises and corrupting influences. I don’t know if we’ll see the beast again but I hope we do not.”

“The following day after we rested from protecting the fortress, I had some time to relax with Lorette and Diana before we departed and things seemed to be improving with Diana and mine abilities to speak to each, to relax which was really nice after days of worrying. Lyssa finally started to talk to me again thankfully, she even rode on the wagon with me and Diana as we traveled from the keep that morning. The next leg of the trip wasn’t super eventful with us just riding along with a specific point of exit in the mind, Hell’s deep. As we neared the route, this big armored woman, seemingly someone whose master had been killed by Kane some time ago tried to kill Kane and stop us from progressing.”

“This went about as well for her as predictable, all the Daemons she had brought along with her were cut down by one half of the party and she stood no real chance with six of us beating up on her all at once. That beings said, she managed do down Lydia and get quite to sold hit on Lyssa and Putre. Thankfully however nobody died and the party soon reunited while trying to figure out what we were going to do with her cursed sword. We opted to let Kane hold onto it for now until we could figure what we were to do with it and the wounded were loaded up onto the wagon as we made our way towards the large and imposing gates to Hell’s deep.”

Page ten begins and it looks like it’s been weighed down upon in an attempt to straighten it out after the afore mention water damage to all the page “The gates to Hell’s deep were large and imposing, the walk through the void to dim light on the other side even more imposing. I could see nothing in that darkness, no signs of life and the void seemed all consuming. When we reached the light on the other side, Tyr pulled out a large glowing key and inserted it into the light between the doors at the end and it was all very blinding as it got brighter and brighter until finally, we were in a hotel looking lobby with a single elevator and a button. It was at that point I decided to press, especially seeing how there was no other path forward. After some chastising from my traveling group, an elevator reaches the top and there was an odd man in there who seemed very of his rocker. After some talk and Cassius revealing that he was terrified of elevators, we all made in our way in at the cost of abandoning the wagon. It took a while and I learned just how distorted the flow of time is down here as I asked some questions to the lift keeper.”

“Thankfully we arrived safely in what appeared to be a forested area with waterfall cascading from the sky called the Fields of Asphodel. This seemed more peaceful for a short time but this quickly proved to be a false hope as very quickly a thick fog rolled in and we began to be attacked by some massive unknown force. We were very much out gunned sot the only thing we could do was run and look for covers somewhere it couldn’t reach us. After a bit of running and barely avoiding being smashed into the ground by it, we found a sizable enough hole/ cavern that we could escape into it without being followed. Lyssa refused to go down no matter what I said, no matter what the other members of the said. We ended up having to tie her and force her down and after a few close calls with the other party, we all made it down safely, the beast unable to follow us. Lyssa was having a breakdown about something she’d done in the past and while I was doing what little I could to support her, it turns out that Masina may have redeveloped some lung cancer as part of her cloning not too long ago.”

“These troubling things aside, we had to keep moving forward to ensure our safety and it wasn’t long before we found an abandoned camp of sorts with logs of a previous adventuring group. They were apparently driven mad by their attempts to catch an owl that pestered them and lead them on suicidal outings. We also found an odd watch that seems to tick faster in the presence of anomaly, may come in handy. Diana and Cassius had another talk and my presence simply being their caused Cassius to give me a glare like he wanted me dead. I tried my best to cheer up Diana but ultimately my efforts were wasted, and I felt like I was only dragging Diana back down after Cassius had managed to bring her to an important turning point in her life.”

“I was resigned to slink back into the darkness before Diana reached out to me, offered to help me reach the same realizations she had, become happy, maybe even feel whole again. I took her hand without hesitation, she and those I have met here are some of the few real friends I have now that I know what I do about my past. After some more soul bearing words were exchanged, Diana and I turned in for the night at the behest of Cassius. Our sleep was interrupted though when the owl the pages foretold about found us. We sent out a small detachment to go capture and thanks to Noriko, we were able to do so. It kept telling use to leap off of some ledge, that we’d be granted passage. I thought for sure it was just trying to trick us into offing ourselves but little did I know at that point, it was spot on. We only got a few more hours of sleep after that before Noriko felt something coming, something big. We packed up and left a hurry and despite our best efforts, the beast from before had caught back up to us.”

“We got chased into a tunnel, Lyssa’s mental state rapidly falling apart. It became clear that we were reaching a dead end with a hole at the end, suddenly the owl’s message made sense. We released the bird and we leapt, unsure if we were all to die right then and there. We fell and fell before finally the bird flew ahead and spit out the massive blue glow that engulfed us all. Suddenly we had landed in somewhere very dark and wet.”

Page 11’s handwriting is less than perfect even considering the re-dried pages quality “We’d landed in a pond of sorts in an oddly colored landscape. When we all crawled out, we began to spot things that looked familiar, plants, landcapes, etc. The place itself was accessing our memories and making us see things that many of us had wished to be forgotten. There was a brief time of us making some headway when Cassius realized he’d lost the skull that was formerly secured to his waist. He and Diana went back to try and find it and when I tried to help as well, I was shooed off like an unwanted pest. It felt humiliating walking back, like I wasn’t even good enough to be her body guard. We waited ten minutes then got a move on and thankfully both Diana and Cassius caught back up. We kept coming across odd things, homes filled with our favorite foods, drinks, treats, all laid out like they were waiting for us. I had to stop Diana from partaking in any of it, even going so far as to spear the cup of water she was going to drink from with my tail. After a bit more of this, she told me again that I didn’t need to be ‘up her ass’ to protect her. Once again my ego took a bit of a hit so lest I lash out at my friend and the woman who I owe my new goals too, I simply listened and started keeping my distance. I’m going to stop it here for now, what happened next was too much for me to write about in this sitting. Perhaps once I’ve had time to process what I saw, what everyone saw, I’ll write more.” The writing then ends only about half way through page 11, seemingly to start back up later in the journey

Yz2 and Teldrassil like this.
  6. Teldrassil

Teldrassil Galactic Citizen

The pages have been neatly put into a stack and have one of those slidey hairclips (Bobby pins? The lockpicking ones) on as a makeshift paperclip. The creases have also been flattened out, leaving only a feint reminder of their existence.

Quazwerty456 likes this.