A Look Back On Tonight

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C241, Jul 13, 2017.

1. C241

C241 New Arrival

[size=-2]Y'know, I fully expect this to get removed or post blocked[/size]

Alright, so, just before this starts, I'm going to argue both sides a little bit, or just try, and I want to be challenged on my opinion, so please do.

So in terms of how the staff handled this, personally, I disagree, but to my understanding, they began discussing the situation when they got reports of the situation when the violence started after or as soon as Lange attacked Gronkey. A very large amount of time passed since then, and people had solved the situation on their own before that. I can understand with the time that it took to come to a verdict, as they had to gather enough staff and proceed to actually have the conversation about the situation, as well as monitor it, however, (this is where I start causing controversy, yay!) as soon as they were notified, they should have paused RP to analyze the situation instead of letting it continue for nearly as long as it did.

When we begin to get into characters and how the situation was handled ICly and OOCly by players and the community... it shouldn't have happened in the first place. While I stand behind setting up events OOCly, having characters hunt down a painting they don't ICly know exists yet and having them find and take it without IC reason to do so is not something that should have ever happened. The idea that there always needs to be characters that create controversy just for it to happen and further characters, in general, is idiotic. Controversy happens on its own. People disagree and can't handle those who disagree both in real life, OOCly and ICly. It annoys me that this thought happens so much.

Lastly, the idea that characters should be given immunity because they're a child or because of some other reason, should not be supported, and not be pushed by the staff of all people. 

I will proceed to do research on this situation and most probably update the situation as it unfolds both by me talking to people and other things. Just know, that when you censor something because you dislike it, you hurt your own argument. And with that, I want to hear what you think of this situation.

2. Hjalmar

Hjalmar New Arrival

3. G V

G V New Arrival

huh

4. Partisan

Partisan Deo Vindice

5. C241

C241 New Arrival

Before this gets any sort of out of hand, no I do not expect anything to change. I'm just hoping this gets handled better in the future, or that it never happens again.

6. Hastur

Hastur the assad regime will reclaim syria

From what I heard, he was trying to leave when he was suddenly attacked by Lange and Puz-L?

7. Skid

Skid God Incarnate Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

im pretty sure that was OOC memeing

[size=-2]though uh shooting a child is still a little ICly crazy[/size]

8. Nemo

Nemo Leader of the Rat Crew Staff Member Community Monitor Diamond Donator

The argument's been done for about half an hour now, it really doesn't deserve a forum post. You did this with Apple to. I get it, you're trying to keep up this "Unrelated, unbiased, outsider" viewpoint but you're just adding fuel to the fire. I'm leaving this unlocked for now, but if an argument starts I'll lock it.

9. Shay

Shay New Arrival

Lastly, the idea that characters should be given immunity because they're a child or because of some other reason, should not be supported, and not be pushed by the staff of all people. 

nobody ever said this

hahaha

10. PUZ-L

PUZ-L New Arrival

[font='Times New Roman', Times, serif]Who cares.
    [/font]